Overview of IMBiotechnologies
IMBiotechnologies is a Canadian-based medical device company specializing in therapeutic embolization products for embolotherapy, a minimally invasive treatment used in interventional radiology to destroy unresectable/inoperable hypervascularized tumors. IMB’s mission is to create and commercialize innovative products that treat disease and improve quality of life.
Ekobi ™ Microspheres are Biodegradable, Hyperechoic and Effective
Ekobi is a first-in-class biodegradable embolic agent that is detectable by ultrasound for the treatment conditions such as kidney and liver cancer, enlarged prostates and uterine fibroids. Ekobi Microspheres are delivered through a catheter into blood vessels that feed a target tissue and selectively block the tissue’s blood supply. The tissue is either destroyed or devitalized.
- Microspheres biodegrade and are completely eliminated from the body in 4-6 months, unlike other embolic agents
- Made from PLGA, an established and safe polymer
- Safely breaks down into carbon dioxide and water
- Real-time microsphere detection with standard ultrasound
- Detectable during procedure and post-procedure
- Potential to reduce fluoroscopy timer
Enhanced Clotting Mechanism
- Binds the patient’s circulating platelets
- Promotes efficient clot formation
Ekobi is provided as dry, free-flowing powder in a sterile vial and is available in a range of calibrated sizes.